Tales from Winnipeg | Zine
£5.00 On sale
A zine made for Tales from Winnipeg pass holders, limited copies on sale.
Tales from Winnipeg is Matchbox Cineclub's first online season, running 31/08 to 01/09 2020. In celebration of Canada's renegade film-making cooperative, we're presenting Guy Maddin's Cowards Bend the Knee (with Ela Orleans score), John Paizs' Crime Wave (2K restoration) and the documentary Tales from the Winnipeg Film Group. This zine, produced to complement the programme, features:
• New and exclusive Tales from Winnipeg artwork by John Paizs.
• New and exclusive Cowards Bend the Knee collages by Guy Maddin.
• New and exclusive poster illustrations for Cowards Bend the Knee, Crime Wave and Tales from the Winnipeg Film Group by Marc Baines.
• Geoff Pevere writing on John Paiz and Crime Wave
• Dave Barber on Tales from the Winnipeg Film Group
• Guy Maddin interviewed by Cathy Brennan
Edited, designed & published by Matchbox Cineclub.
A5, 24 pages | Colour | Digital printing | Saddle stitched
The season is part of Film Feels Connected, a UK-wide cinema season, supported by the National Lottery and BFI Film Audience Network. Explore all films and events at filmfeels.co.uk.
The season is supported by Film Feels Connected, Film Hub Scotland and the Canadian High Commission #CanadaGoesDigital